This residency is open to all contemporary artists and artist groups/organizations, age 18 and older, based in the Commonwealth of Virginia, the State of Maryland, and the District of Columbia, who work in the fields of dance and movement, including but not limited to choreographers, dancers, dance companies, professors, and students of dance.
The artist or artist group/organization selected for the Dance/Movement Residency will:
• Collaborate with the Office of the Arts to create an original, site-specific dance/movement-based performance that is in response to or in conversation with Jeyifous's temporary public artwork Wrought, Knit, Labors, Legacies.
• Provide a brief written narrative description of the commissioned performance.
• Work with the Office of the Arts to schedule a minimum of four performances at Waterfront Park during the period of June to November 2020. Performances should be a minimum of 30 minutes in length, must include the commissioned site-specific piece, and can also include performance of work previously created by the artist or artist group/organization and/or work created by others, as appropriate and approved by staff.
• Work with the Office of the Arts to document and archive the performances and the process.
• Provide any additional equipment needed.